Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fantastic Four Give-A-Show Slide!

ffslide

Kenner's Give-A-Show Projector is one of my favorite toys, and the only toy line I'm collecting. This slide is from the 1966 set that also featured Thor, Spider-Man, and Aquaman... Over on one of my other blogs,The Give-A-Show Blog, I feature stuff from these every single day (or at least, while I was writing this entry back in September - yes, I work really far ahead on these things - I was still doing daily postings... at the time you read this, I may have posted everything I have already!). There's checklists of each set, photos of these sets (as well as knockoffs and related toys), but the main crux of the blog is showing you the slides themselves -- and I've even taken the scans of the slides and created YouTube videos of them, adding music and sometimes sound effects! These are posted in chronological order. So if you want to know more about this stuff, you know where to click! And I'm sure that following this text, I've probably embedded the YouTube video that I haven't made yet as I'm writing this!

Edit Heh, I'd written up this post so far in advance, I forgot I'd referred to the Video by the time I made the video... so here it is!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Jon, Had the Give-A-Show when I was a kid back in the 60's. Probably the first one. Never saw the Marvel stuff, tho. Glad to have the opportunity now thanks to you.

Jon K said...

You're quite welcome, Rick... glad you're enjoying it!